New Junior High School
Sylvania, Ohio 43560
Delivery Model: Design — Bid – Build
Project Cost: $9,000,000 (on budget)
Total Floor Area: 103,100 sf
Completed: August 1997 (on schedule)
- Tall, centralized, and daylit entrance lobby accesses the second floor by way of a grand stair.
- Cafeteria includes a stage for flexibility of use and clerestory windows for daylight.
- Educational wing comprised of four classroom clusters with internal circulation to match district’s educational curriculum.
- Two-story high media center with attached computer classrooms on floating floors for ease of future technology upgrades.
- Large gym with wood floor and telescoping bleachers on both sides of the main court.
- Classical exterior detailing for timeless design includes lintels, keystones, and door columns.
- Masterplanned for future additions.
- Assisted school district with pre-levy promotional materials, community meetings, and planning sessions.
Architect Project Number: 9501D