New Recreation Building
6832 Convent Blvd, Sylvania, OH 43560
Delivery Model: Design/Build & Construction Manager at Risk
Construction Cost: $6.5 million
Total Floor Area: 48,991 sf
Cost/sf: $133 per square foot
Completed: August 2016
CM: Miller Diversified Construction
- Front arcade emulates existing main campus buildings and connects with the new Mid-Campus Connection bike and walking path.
- Staff parking and maintenance facilities are hidden behind the building.
- Design/Build Delivery Model and use of a pre-engineered metal building provides for a speedy schedule and flexible value-engineering of the budget.
- Project is designed and constructed for a second phase addition, to be built in a few years. Phase 2 will double the arena, complete the mezzanine track around the arena, and add new auxiliary athletic spaces.
- Two-story lobby features concessions, spiritwear store, outdoor dining, cafe seating, and a grand stair leading to the 2nd floor mezzanine and box suite.
- Box Suite overlooks arena and lobby with access to mezzanine track for elevated views.
- Loud, high-use programs located on the first floor. Quiet, low-use programs are on the second floor. All have quick, easy access off the lobby. Upstairs staff area have a separate direct access to staff parking.
- Ample natural light and outdoor views provided by large window panels in the lobby, classrooms, and exercise rooms. In addition, clerestory windows daylight the lobby and arena.
Renderings provided for university promotional purposes.
Architect Project Number: 201511
Director of Facilities & Grounds
6832 Convent Blvd, Sylvania, Ohio 43560