Public Library Renovation
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
Sylvania, Ohio 43560
Delivery Model: Design – Bid – Build
Project Cost: $5,000,000
A/E: Stough and Stough Architects
Library Design Consultant: HBM Architects
To Be Completed: August 2018
- We are the local architect working with the owner’s library design consultant from Cleveland, Ohio.
- New glass atrium entrance increases usable square footage, brings in natural light, and updates the style of the building while complimenting the original architecture.
- Built in 1960 and last remodeled in 1987, the building is facing maintenance issues and outdated library use.
- Stack counts and size are reduced allowing for more technology and lounge space.
- Central desk with high-visibility increases security and control for the staff.
- Windows along main street north of the building are opened to the rest of the building for visibility and light.
- Children’s section is enlarged with interactive activity zones.
- Genius Bar for hook-ups with the latest technology.
Architect Project Number: 201707